Italian Intermezzo (Winter 2020 2021)
Italian Intermezzo (Winter 2020 2021)
Italy’s most famous and best loved cities reveal a treasure-trove of riches on this concise, yet surprisingly diverse itinerary.
- Florence: During dinner, meet a sommelier who will talk you through a tasting of some of Tuscan’s finest wines.
- Rome: Savour a four-course Celebration Dinner with wine to the rich tremolo of some of Italy’s best-loved opera.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee. Festive Highlight Dinners: 21 Dec Christmas Day in Florence. 28 Dec New Year’s Eve in Florence.
- Venice: See a master craftsman honouring age-old Venetian crafts, when you visit an artisan showroom and workshop on Giudecca Island.
- Vatican City: Join your Local Expert and explore the city’s highlights including St. Peters Basilica and the Sistine Chapel, with VIP access into the Vatican Museums. Your visit also includes behind-the-scenes access to a part of the Vatican denied to the general public, the Bramante Staircase.
Top Rated Highlights
- Verona: During your orientation, walk past the well preserved Roman Arena to Juliet’s balcony in the courtyard of a Renaissance villa.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark’s Square and see the Doge’s Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you are serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
- Florence: During your guided walk see the cathedral, bell tower and Gates of Paradise on the baptistery and visit the political heart of the city, Piazza della Signoria.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods and witness a leather-work demonstration.
- Pisa: See the cathedral, baptistery and gravity-defying Leaning Tower.
- Assisi: Enjoy strolling through this quaint little town with your Local Expert and seeing it’s beautifully preserved medieval lane ways and streets.
- Assisi: A Local Expert will explain why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe.
- Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum. You will also see other medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Venice, the Queen of the Adriatic.
Venice and the Magic of La Serenissima.
Tranquil Tuscany, Pisa and Florence.
Free Time in Renaissance Florence.
Chianti Country to Assisi and on to Rome.
Rome Sightseeing and Dinner with an Operetta.