The Archdiocese Library of Eger was established by Károly Eszterházy in 1793, already from the beginning it was meant to be public, very rare at that time. The opening had been preceeded by thorough book collection since the second half of the 1760s, when professors were asked to make lists of literature they wished or to search for and buy them for the library. The institution finally opened with 16000 volumes. Several private collections melted into the stock of the library, also Károly Eszterházy's after his death. By now the total collection of the library has grown to 170 thousand volumes.
- Address: H-3300 Eger, Eszterházy tér 1.
- Email: email@example.com
- More Info: https://visiteger.com/en/sights/special-attractions-in-eger/archdiocese-library